I’ve been tweaking on the Sewaholic Alma blouse since I made up the one for Jungle January. I’ve cut out a different size on the front, made up a couple of muslins, adjusted darts, etc. etc. and I decided to go for it. My fabric is called Stretch City Charmeuse from Fabric.com.
It’s going to either be cute or clown, I haven’t decided which. I’m making the view with the long sleeves, so I’m a bit nervous that it might be too much, but hubby says he thinks it will be fine and that I worry too much. If nothing else, I’ll have something to wear for St. Patty’s Day, right?
BTW, I decided to take my machines apart and get all the lint out myself. I tried to oil what looked like it needed it, but I chickened out about anything terribly close to the computer components, so I only bought myself a short term reprieve I suspect. Though, my machine was running so much more smoothly and quiet, just like when I get it back from a service that maybe I did an OK job. I did my serger too, which was so much less terrifying. I always forget how quiet (which is totally a relative term–it’s never very quiet) my serger is after being lubed up. Since it sounds like we’re going to be snowed in for the next few days, so I should have plenty of time to finish up a couple of sewing projects.